With the holidays quickly approaching and a nip to the air, winter fashions are taking the season by storm – and there’s no time like the present to update your cold-weather wardrobe! Not to worry, fashionistas: there’s no shortage of eye-catching designs and inspired looks this year – whether you’re searching for pastels and subtle-hued neutrals, look-at-me floral prints, vibrant monochromatic separates, or luxe embroidered apparel, we have our finger on the pulse of what’s hot this season. From bold animal prints and polka dots to sleek faux-leather and luxurious knits, the cold weather is all about layering fashionable garments and statement accessories in this season’s sizzling styles.
Featuring the best of what the fashion world has to offer, we’ve scoured the runways for on-trend looks and are pleased to present our Winter 2018 collection, designed specifically with plus-sized gals in mind. It doesn’t matter if you’re shopping for a plus size cocktail dress, trendy jeggings, fashion-forward shoes and boots, or our perfectly-coordinated Styleboxes – you’re sure to find exactly what you’re looking for (and more) in our distinctive collection. From women’s size 10/12 to 26/28, we offer a complete array of on-trend clothing and accessories for the full-figured fashionista – created exclusively for Perfectly Priscilla. In this article, we’ll discover this winter’s fashion trends, focusing on the season’s most popular colors, fabrics, and accessories. Read on for your daily dosage of ensemble inspiration and check out the latest plus-sized looks for winter!
Color Your World: White-Hot Winter Looks
Just because the weather is getting cold, there’s no reason to turn down the temperature of your wardrobe! Keep your style smoking with plenty of fierce florals, animal prints, retro-inspired looks, and funky patterned pieces and stay ahead of the fashion curve this season with colored separates spanning the color spectrum. Below, a few of our favorite trends to look out for:
- Groovy, Baby: This winter, we’re seeing a return to vintage-inspired palettes – from 1970s-inspired hues including browns, rusts, mochas, taupes, mustards, and golds, you’ll find a beautiful array of earth-toned outfits that are both flattering and fabulous! As seen on the runway, designers including Dior, Louis Vuitton and Halston have featured these rich hues in their winter collection. Some of our favorites from our winter collection include our So Very Luxe ankle-length leggings, an essential in every fashion-savvy gal’s winter wardrobe. Another must-have look this year: our Be Yourself over-the-knee boots in brown, featuring a slouchy ruched design and low-profile heel – perfect for dressing up or down!
- What A Gem: Regarded as the world leader of researching and setting trends in color, the Pantone Color Institute says this year will see no shortage of vintage-tinted garments reminiscent of Old Hollywood (think 1940s & 50s glam). In fact, 2018 is ushering in a bevy of gorgeous, dusky jewel-toned hues, as represented throughout the fashion and interior design worlds. From rich garnets, royal blues, spicy yellows, sophisticated olives, warm oranges, cool violets, and elegant teals, you’re sure to find a shade that channels your inner fashionista, as these primary and secondary-inspired colors are both tantalizing and timeless. If this color scheme appeals to you, we suggest our Sweet Love floral midi dress – featuring some of the season’s most fashionable hues, this stunning floral-printed dress is equally charming for work or leisure.
- Glad For Plaid: For the adventurous set, plaid is a girl’s best friend. If you adore this bold print, you’re in luck – this pattern is all the rage for fall/winter 2018! Breaking away from tradition, the design world has reinterpreted this popular print in shades that go way beyond red and black – check out our Find My Way plaid top, featuring mellow shades of olive and navy blue. Boasting baby doll tailoring, trendy bell sleeves, and a body-conscious drape, this easy-to-wear top will carry you through the colder temps in style. Pair with a cute pair of jeggings or skinny jeans for a casual look that’s ideal for weekend outings or tailgate parties. Another Perfectly Priscilla exclusive!
- Flower Power: Another popular trend for 2018, the floral fad is a look that’s both ultra-feminine and flattering. With so many beautiful botanically-inspired prints available, you’re sure to find a floral pattern that captures your personal aesthetic. From pastels to vibrant-hued prints, we’ve hand-picked a bouquet of this season’s freshest colors – choose from flower-patterned dresses, tops, and even printed leggings and instantly update your wardrobe. If you’re searching for an unexpected floral twist, we suggest The Way It Is print leggings – featuring an exotic, Indian-inspired floral print, these colorful stretchy leggings instantly impart visual interest to your outfit. Pair with a simple black sweater or tunic and a chunky beaded necklace to complete the look. If you’re shopping online for a complete ensemble, your search is over – our Shop The Look in ‘Make It Simple’ boasts beautiful aqua and purple blossoms on a taupe top, and comes paired with grey jeggings and a statement necklace to tie the whole look together!
Add Some Texture: Luxe Fabrics For Fall/Winter
For Autumn/Winter’s 2018 collection, the catwalk also saw plenty of interesting fabrics and materials – from metallic sequins and tweeds to sophisticated looks in leather, world-renowned design houses including Givenchy, Hermés, Miu Miu and Alexander McQueen featuring a dizzying variety of textures and textiles in their respective collections. If you’re looking for designer looks at a fraction of the price, we’ve amassed an exquisite assortment of haute-inspired plus-sized women’s clothing, shoes and accessories to keep you on-trend and in style all winter long. Check out a few of our most popular customer picks:
- Faux & Fabulous: Whether you’re searching for a cute moto-inspired coat or a pair of over-the-knee boots, you’re sure to find the trendiest faux-leather finds at Perfectly Priscilla this season. This winter, stay warm and look cool in sophisticated outerwear that mimics high-end leather (minus the price tag) – our customers love our Remember Everything Jacket in mocha. An ideal layering piece in the chillier temps, this beigey-tan colored faux leather jacket features a sexy, curve-hugging fit while adding some sass to your winter wardrobe. Also in theme with 2018’s lust for all things leather, our Wander The World Booties in taupe mimic the look of leather – ideal for those who are looking for vegan-friendly footwear! Boasting a chunky heel and side-zippers for an easy fit, you’ll adore these neutral booties, as they pair perfectly with nearly everything.
- Romantic Lace: Although summer may be over, there’s no reason to stop wearing one of this year’s trendiest materials! As seen in Vogue, designers from Chanel to Armani featured a plethora of lace offerings in their 2018 collections. If you’re a hopeless romantic, we suggest our Feeling Bold Lace Poncho in black – featuring two trends in one, this gorgeous layering piece is actually a poncho, another on-trend wardrobe staple for every serious fashionista. Worn over a simple black cami and paired with sexy curve-hugging leggings and a strappy pair of wedges, you’re certain to channel your inner diva in this figure-flattering top.
- Cozy Knits & Colorblocking: Nothing says cold weather quite like a cozy sweater – from chunky cable knits to lightweight weaves, finding a great sweater to carry you through the colder months is easy when you shop our stylish collection. Another must-have this season, our With Every Chance colorblock sweater also combines two hot trends in one, featuring a chunky knit and a color blocking design for a look that’s truly on-trend and one-of-a-kind. Featuring a bold mustard, taupe, and navy color combo, this knit has a slubby texture that makes it the ideal snuggly layer for those chilly nights to come, while its eye-catching palette is sure to turn some heads. Yours exclusively at Perfectly Priscilla!
- Woven-Look Wraps & Ponchos: This year’s runway also featured an array of wraps, shawls, ponchos, and sweaters; many high-end design houses boasted alpaca wool and tweed constructions, while garments were shown in a wide array of colors and patterns, including muted pastels, grays, plaids, checked prints and deeper jewel tones. If you’re a fan of layering and want to achieve the tweed-inspired designer look, we suggest our Always In Control Plaid poncho in beige. This statement piece combines not one, not two, but three trendy looks in one – it’s not only a stylish poncho, but boasts one of 2018’s hottest patterns while mimicking the look of a high-end tweed textile. Available in a soft acrylic fabric, this versatile fringed wrap is available in neutral shades of beige, ivory and muted grey, making it an easy-to-wear piece that will keep you cozy and fashionable all winter long!
Enhance Your Ensemble: The Art of Accessorizing
One of the most enjoyable parts of coordinating a new outfit is adding accessories – from sparkly baubles to dramatic chandelier earrings, incorporating eye-catching jewelry, scarves, and other accent pieces into your wardrobe can truly pull together your look. Here are a few of this season’s most popular jewelry trends:
- Enamel & Animal Printed Jewelry: One of this year’s biggest fads, animal prints are a must-have this season. From tortoise-shell earrings to cheetah printed wrap dresses, animal patterned clothing and accessories graced the runways across the globe in 2018. Equally popular on the fashion radar, enamel, Lucite and plastic jewelry have made a comeback, hearkening styles from the 50s, 60s, and even the 80s. If you’re fond of both trends, our Dynamic Duo earrings combine the two for a look that’s not for the faint of heart! Channel your inner vixen and take a walk on the wild side with these bold statement earrings – featuring a luxe tortoise-shell pattern and a stunning tear-drop shape, these beauties will quickly become your go-to earrings for a look to be remembered.
- Funky Layered Necklaces: Another charming fad for winter, layered necklaces featuring a variety of glass and enamel beadwork, twinkling rhinestones and other findings create a boho-chic look that’s instantly appealing. Whether you prefer gold or silver chains, you’re sure to find the ideal layered necklace to suit your personal aesthetic. If you’re looking to jazz up your attire, our Lovely Little Layers necklace effortlessly imparts a chic & polished vibe to any ensemble. Style with your favorite floral dress, monochromatic sweater, turtleneck or top – the options are virtually endless.
- Shoulder-Grazing Statement Earrings: For 2018, there are a few notable trends in earrings, including ultra-long styles, oversized earrings, and even tasseled and beaded earring fashions. So if you appreciate ‘the bigger, the better’ mindset when it comes to your accessories, this is your year! One of our most popular styles, our Always A Charmer Earrings in mustard boasts a multi-tiered tassel design, creating a unique and bold look that is sure to get you noticed! Whether you rock with an all-black ensemble as a pop of color or coordinate to a jewel-toned dress or sweater, these chunky earrings are another Perfectly Priscilla original.
- A Modern Twist On Pearls: Today’s pearls aren’t just for grandma – featured in numerous updated settings and designs, the classic gem has been given a facelift, often combined with a mixture of materials and unexpected juxtapositions. If you’re looking for a show-stopping accessory, our Do What You Please earrings in black feature both tassels and a faux pearl accent, combining two of this season’s hottest trends. With their oversized silhouette and glimmering golden details, these earrings pair wonderfully with a wide array of looks, whether worn with a sexy black sweater, kitten heels & skinny jeans or an up-do and your favorite LBD.
That’s A Wrap!
As we’ve covered, there is a myriad of exciting autumn & winter fashion trends for 2018. Although the runway frequently features dynamic and often extreme versions of these looks, you can take cues from top fashion houses and incorporate specific components that are appealing to you. From the sleek urban allure of faux leather to the cozy appeal of knits and denim, your styling options are limitless this season – get inspired and choose a few statement wardrobe pieces that will elevate your mood as well as your personal style. By adding elements of interest – including on-trend jewelry and accessories, fashionable layering pieces (such as jackets and ponchos), cute footwear and colorful printed tops, pants and dresses, you can achieve a designer look that’s uniquely your own!