With the deep freeze of winter just around the corner, it’s time to revisit your wardrobe and give it a refresher course in fabulous. This season, we’ve rounded up the best winter fashion trends of 2018, including wardrobe essentials you’ll not only need but want in your closet! Whether you’re shopping for cold-weather accessories, plus-size winter dresses or cute winter outfits, we’ve got the sizzling styles you desire to add some extra pizazz to your look this year. So chase away those winter doldrums and check out what’s trending now – layering for winter is one of the easiest & chicest ways to show off your inner fashionista while keeping you cozy and fashionable. Read on for a few of our favorite things!
That’s A Wrap!
Looking cool and staying warm has never been easier with this year’s dazzling array of ponchos, cardigans and blazers. From running errands on the weekends, looking polished at the office, or dressing to impress for date-night, we’ve got the perfect shrugs, lightweight jackets and plus-sized coats for women to keep you at your fashion-savviest all winter long. Brave the chill with ease and wrap yourself in this season’s most fashionable layers – we’ve got you covered with a striking array of outerwear for work & play!
Here are a few tips for styling the layered look this winter:
- Pop of Color: Sometimes when we get up in the morning, it’s hard to know what to wear. A great rule of thumb: when in doubt, an all-black outfit can be your best friend! Slimming and sophisticated, it’s an easy look that transitions from a busy day at work to hanging with friends over cocktails – but it doesn’t have to be boring! Start with layering black leggings, a slouchy black sweater or cami, and your favorite over-the-knee black boots, and add some punch with a bright primary color – we love this blue poncho, featured below. Finish the look with a solid-color handbag (we think a bright fuchsia would look fierce!) and some statement earrings to complete your ensemble. Featuring a fringed tassel trim and modern zipper detail, this versatile poncho is a simple yet elegant way to elevate any all-black ensemble – definitely one of this winter’ must-have layering pieces.
- Put It In Neutral: One of the hottest hues in both the interior design and fashion worlds for the past few seasons, gray is a wonderful neutral that lends itself beautifully to layering this winter. With its cascading, figure-flattering silhouette and gorgeous draped detail, this cardigan is another go-to piece for the colder months. Comfortable and elegant, this soft gray cardi pairs perfectly with your favorite dress or top for an endless variety of looks. From casual attire to an evening out, this cozy yet unique cardigan is sure to garner attention wherever you go! If you’re pairing with leggings, we suggest cool jewel-tones such as eggplant, burgundy or navy blue; this sweater also works superbly with prints, whether it’s a floral skirt, baby doll dress or blouse. To further emphasize the unique draping detail at the front, opt for chunky pendant-style necklaces for a truly eye-catching look!
- Back To Basics: Whether you’re trying to figure out how to style long coats or plus-sized cardigans to stay warm this winter, there’s one easy rule of thumb to follow: keep it simple. ‘Simple’ however, doesn’t have to translate to plain – far from it, in fact! We suggest layering patterned cardigans over solid colors – for example, pair a bold plaid cardigan (pictured here) with a vivid magenta pair of leggings and a royal blue cami for a vibrant layered look that’s sure to turn some heads! The key is to keep your shirt and blouse ensemble (or dress) a solid color when you’re wearing a patterned layering piece, be it a vest, cardigan or jacket. With so many funky cardigans available – from long-length to short and sweet – you’re sure to find one that suits your personal style.
- Pretty In Plaid: Conjuring up your inner diva has never looked better with our sassy collection of ponchos – whether you’re going to your local farmer’s market or just want to look cute during a holiday shopping spree, we’ve got the ideal wrap to channel the fashionista within! We love this beige number – decidedly feminine in soft beiges, creams and grays, this tasseled poncho looks equally awesome with denim jeggings and suede booties or a simple monochromatic dress. We suggest keeping styling to a minimum, as this boldly-printed plaid is a true statement piece that is sure to be the envy of your girlfriends! Add a sparkly charm necklace, some breezy hoop earrings and slick on a crimson lipstick for the ultimate in feminine mystique.
- Animal Magnetism: Channel your wild side with our Wild Nights Leopard Print Cardigan! Featuring a sexy feline-inspired print in sophisticated shades of mocha and taupe, you’ll love the attention to detail, including its distinctive drape, three-quarter sleeves, and figure-flattering cut. This adorable cardigan pairs effortlessly with faded jeans and a camisole for a weekend getaway, or just as easily over your favorite little black dress for a night on the town. We suggest adding some beaded gold accessories, a patent-leather red clutch, and cat-eye sunglasses to complete the look. Another Perfectly Priscilla must-have in every fashionista’s winter wardrobe, this is one of our hottest layering pieces this season!
- Keep It Professional: If you’re on the market for professional winter work outfits, Perfectly Priscilla has all of the latest looks you’re coveting! Whether you’re searching for ruffled cardigans or lightweight blazers, we’ve got all of the essential plus-size layering pieces for women that you need to assemble the perfect wardrobe this winter. Dress for success this season in our collection of corporate looks – from casual Fridays to holiday parties, we’ve amassed an assortment of on-trend jackets, blazers, and tops that are sure to become staples in your closet this season. Check out our Finally Fall Plaid Cardigan – featuring an elegant olive plaid in a comfortable stretch polyester blend, this flattering blazer-style cardigan is the ideal layering piece, carrying you seamlessly from the workday to date night in style! We suggest layering this sporty cardi over a solid-color camisole during the day; add some dangly tassel earrings and an up-do to transition your day look to evening glam.
Top To Bottom
Now that we’ve discussed what to wear as your outer layer, it’s just as important to build the perfect ensemble on a strong foundation – these must-have wardrobe pieces are essentials in every glamazon’s winter wardrobe! Keep your look white-hot all season long with these cold weather basics – below, a few highlights from our fall/winter 2018 collection:
- Sweater Weather: What better way to outer layer your look in the cooler months than with a comfy yet fabulous sweater? Worn on its own or paired with a cute vest for added impact, our Just Say When sweater is one of our most versatile and fashionable sweaters. Made from a soft knit that drapes in all the right places, it features a modest neckline, making it perfect for the workplace or family events. Available in a rich wine shade, this top is ideal for pairing with skinny leggings and boots or opaque tights and a skirt – the styling options are endless!
- She’s Got Legs: Timeless, chic, and a little daring, our Just Showing Off Cheetah Print Leggings are what’s hot this season. Designed for layering with a slouchy black sweater, tunic or cold-shoulder top, you’ll love how these curve-hugging leggings show off your sexy side! Featuring a comfortable stretch waistband and easy-care poly/spandex blend, these leggings will quickly become your go-to pants all year ‘round! Shop our complete collection of leggings – available in a variety of plus-sizes, colors and patterns, we’ve got the styles you’re looking for to complete your winter apparel.
- Luxe Layers: No layered look is complete without a fabulous camisole – and we’ve got camis galore to set off your look! Featuring a wide strap to conceal your bra (and look sleek under sweaters, coats, blazers – you name it!), our So Very Luxe Cami collection – available in burgundy, teal blue, brown, taupe, cream, navy, black and white – is the ideal layering garment for every season. Grab one in every color for an endless array of outfit options – whether worn solo or under your favorite jacket, cardigan or open-weave top, our curve-flattering cami tanks are an absolute necessity for every diva’s wardrobe!
- Trendy Jeans & Jeggings: With cold weather upon us, it’s time to rock your favorite skinny jeans – and we’ve got the coolest plus-size jeans & jeggings for women! Made to hug your curves and get you noticed, our assortment of on-trend jeans and jeggings are the ultimate for layering, whether you pair with a sassy cold-shoulder top, a boho-chic tunic or a whimsical graphic t-shirt. From distressed jeggings and midrise bootcut jeans to jeggings in an assortment of hot colors, you’re sure to find the ideal jeans to show off your inner fashionista!
- The Perfect LBD: Every season or so, let’s face it, ladies – we’re on the quest for the perfect LBD (little black dress)! No need to choose just one – our 2018 collection features the trendiest styles for this season, whether you’re seeking a cocktail dress or a maxi gown for more formal affairs. From slinky party frocks to lacy mini-dresses, our LBDs are ideal for layering – may we suggest our Til I Found You Maxi Dress, which will look stunning styled with a faux fur stole for an elegant retro evening look? For a flirty date-night look, our Work Your Magic dress features a sexy cheetah print at the sleeve hem and neckline for an unexpected touch of sass!
- It’s All In The Details: Last but certainly not least, let’s not forget the icing on the cake: accessories! Whether it’s a luxurious silk scarf, eye-catching earrings or a pendant necklace, the right jewelry and accessories can make your outfit and elevate your ensemble to the next level. Pro fashionista tip: less is more. If you’re wearing a boldly-patterned top, complete your garb with a single bejeweled necklace, and keep earrings simple – a sleek pair of hoops are always complementary to a statement necklace. Another tip to keep in mind: don’t have too many competing pieces of jewelry, repeating the mantra…less IS more! In theme with this concept, a slicked-back ponytail is a timelessly chic ‘do; for shorter hairstyles, you can really show off your favorite earrings with ease! Finally, have fun with cosmetics – even if you’re not a big fan of make-up, a classic red lipstick is every gal’s friend when it comes to tying your look together, especially for fancier events. Now go out and show ‘em who’s boss, ladies!